Similar to SMART Certified
- Activated charcoal given before procedure, in rinses during procedure, and given after procedure.
- IV vitamin C between 25-50 grams given during procedure.
- Complete body drape, hair covering, eye protection for procedure.
- 100% medical-grade oxygen administered for procedure to keep from breathing in vapor.
- Non-latex rubber barrier (dam) placed for procedure and for restoration, when possible, to minimize exposure to vapor and swallowing metals during removal.
- Sequential removal of silver/mercury fillings based on voltammeter readings.
- High-speed suction, copious filtered water, utilized during removal.
- IQAir filtration system running at high speed to filter surrounding air of mercury vapor.
- Ozone air filter/purifier running at all times as another air filtration system for mercury vapor.
- Mercury separator to filter particles in the dental suction units from being dumped into local water system.